Thursday 3 April 2014

Bus Stop Advert



  For my ancillary product advertising, I chose to use a bus stop to advertise my magazine advert on. This was because bus stops are popular places where you see advertisements. When I was in town on weekend I took a picture of a bus stop in the city centre.The original picture is a perfect example of advertising at a bus stop.





Firstly, I opened up both of the images in Photoshop  and selected the whole picture and copy and pasted it onto the original image.




 After doing this I placed and scaled the advert correctly on top of the original advert of the photograph. The advert looked to fake, as the colours were very block like and bold. Therefore I had to reduce the levels and the advert and the brightness, to tone it down.







After doing so, it looked a lot more realistic, and I am really happy with the out come of this. This way of advertising reflects that we are living in a semiotic landscape, as the advisement is placed there on purpose, even if people are not interested in it they have to look at it because it is right in front of them. Bus stops are high traffic areas and a lot of different types of people visit them everyday, giving my advertisement a chance to be noticed. My typical age for my audience is typically females between the age of 13-19 year olds. A bus stop is a perfect place for this audience to view my advert as they will  be using the bus stop to go to school, college, go  into town with their friends etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment